[OM] Re: [OT] Toyota reliability, was: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Toyota reliability, was: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:16:27 -0600
> But Bill, CR does not pretend to be experts on haute cuisine.

I'mm in no way suggesting that is what they should do. In most American
cities, there are independantly owned and operated resturants in many price
ranges. Where I live, we have locally owned hamburger joints, family
resturants, and a variety of ethnic cuisines. In every case, the flavors are
distinctive, and aside from the ones that are unclean or just plain bad, far
superior to the chains.

Yes, there are a lot of chains, and a lot of people eat at them. I am saying
that CR seems to have a socio-political attitude that would support locally
owned operations.

Additionally, I have read many of the reviews, and the taste of the product
was central. I'm not just saying that they are wrong, I'm saying that each
of us has been furnished with factory installed taste buds, and should be
able to use them. I do look down a bit on someone that can't make a decision
on food's taste without CR's input. They are, of course, welcome to comment
on things such as service, but that can be so individual as to be
meaningless.

It's when they make a five page article on which major burger chain is best
that galls me.

Bill Pearce