[OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries, was: TSA: Safe Travel with Ba

Subject: [OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries, was: TSA: Safe Travel with Batteries and Devices
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:16:42 -0500
Most gasoline in the US is shipped via pipeline.  Distribution of
ethanol in the US doesn't extend much beyond the midwest (where it's
grown) because it can't be shipped via the existing pipe network and the
existing truck fleet is inadequate to handle the volume which is only a
fraction of that for gasoline.  I suspect hydrogen will be equally
hampered.  LPG is shipped here by truck and rail but the demand for LPG
is substantially less than that for gasoline.

Chuck Norcutt