[OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird

Subject: [OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:26:54 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Neck problems causing headaches are often not migraine at all  but
> 'occipital neuralgia' - in my case a recurrent (arthritic) neck spasm
> presses on the occipital nerve just below the process and causes a
> blinder on the right side. Can last up to three days. Caused by
> strain, exhaustion, whiplash and so on, not environmental factors.
> I suspect that it's more common than real migraine.

While I am familiar with what my "migraine" feels like and know the
symptoms quite intimately, I see from doing some googling that this
might be something I should look into (apart from the neck-problem
previously mentioned, I do have a possibly-associated, developing,
neck-related problem, showing itself with difficulty and pain fully
turning my head to the right, which has become worse with age). I
suspect that I might have a little from column A and a little from
column B, due to some of the varying symptoms (such as the classic
"aura" of migraine), but I should probably keep a "Migraine Diary"
(there is such a concept :-) ) to try establish things better. Like
Winsor's cap, it'd be nice to have some better understanding of it than
to just keep living with it uncontested (except by paracetamol, Aspirin,
Panadeine, Aspalgin, Mercyndol, biscuits, coffee, no coffee, chilli,
forehead-heating with "self-meditation", sleep, going for a quiet walk,
a swim....).

Cheers,
Marc (who both has and can be a pain in the neck)
Noosa Heads, Oz