[OM] OM focus screen question

Subject: [OM] OM focus screen question
From: "Amin Sabet" <asabet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 22:53:26 -0500
As I mentioned in another post, I have been enjoying the OM-2n.  I am
primarily using it with an OM 50/1.2, so the viewfinder is nice and
bright.  It may be because I'm used to the canon 5D with Ee-S screen,
but I find focusing with the OM-2n to be easier using just the matte
portion of the screen.  The central split prism and microprism collar
are nice for confirmation after the fact, but if anything they seem to
slow me down compared to just using the matte area.  Are the central
focus aids simply more precise than the matte region and therefore
something I should force myself to use?  Otherwise, I might try to
find one of those all-matte screens.  Am I correct that the all-matte
screen for use with the OM-2n and 50/1.2 would be the 1-4 type?
Please bear with me... Looking at the other discussions on the list, I
get the feeling that I'm one of the only folks new to film and the OM
system.  Thanks, Amin