[OM] Re: OM focus screen question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM focus screen question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 02:06:50 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:
> There is also a 1-8 which is better for long tele's but not as good as
> the 1-4 for normal focal length lenses.
In my experience with the 1-8, it's ok, but not great in other than
excellent light, down to about 50mm. Go wide and it becomes impossible
to focus with it. Really for 100mm and up and a joy at really long fls
compared to a normal screen.
> It is also harder to find than the 1-4.
>
> Someone else mentioned the 2-4 which is even harder to find.

Time passes. When I found my 1-8, 2-4s were still pretty easily
available, perhaps even at retail in places.

Nobody has mentioned the 1-1 screen which came with early OM-1 bodies
and the 1-3.  For someone who prefers only microprism or only split
image, they offer only the preferred focusing aid. Each individually
takes up the same area as the combined aids of the 1-13.

Moose