[OM] Re: Camera straps [was Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird]

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera straps [was Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:16:40 -0500
I find my cat an excellent subject for a few fast shots with a new
piece of equipment, mostly because if he's comfortable, he won't move
unless you set off a string of firecrackers. This is much less
annoying than trying to shoot the dog, who always wants to come over
and see what I'm doing. Or the wife, who glares when I point the
camera at her, and gets all fidgety, and then wants to see the
picture, after which she demands I delete it under pain of, well, pain.

FWIW, over on DeePee, in the Nikon D3-2-1 section, cat posters get
reamed and called nasty names, and are told to go out and buy Canons.
Apparently the Canon forum is quite fond of cats. I wonder if that
means Nikon people are dog people, or bird people, or just people who
are so enamored with their equipment they wouldn't think of trying to
snap anything less than a blue-ribbon photo? OH, domestic animals are
truly appreciated on the Olympus SLR forum, which leads me to believe
despite my defection, my heart continues to reside with the Olympus
point of view. So much less pretentious and full of, ah, shite.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com