[OM] TOPE 33: time to send in submissions, and a request for future them

Subject: [OM] TOPE 33: time to send in submissions, and a request for future themes suggestions (one week time span)
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:47:42 +0100
Hi guys,

For those of you who haven't already done so, it's time to send in TOPE 33
submissions. The scheduled go-live date for TOPE 33 is Wednesday February
6th (or thereabouts).

Then.... It's "that time of TOPE" again to come up with new themes! I
suggest (and intend) to do this the same way as in previous years, where
people can suggest possible themes to me, either on-list or off-list, and
once I have compiled a list of the suggested candidate themes, we can vote
for the themes, and hence pick the next top 8 of those themes, which will
then be turned into the TOPE schedule for the coming 2 years.

Now, as a start, I shall list the themes down below that have been suggested
in previous years, and that haven't made it into the schedule back then.
These themes will be listed for sure on the list of themes on which people
can vote, but I'd very gladly receive additional theme recommendations too.
Let's take about one week for sending in further suggestions, and then
establish the complete list of themes to vote on.

So far, we have:

Signs
The human condition
Opposites
Flora
Hands
Photos with white-color as main subject, and photos with black-color as main
subject.
Our offices
Your living place
Existing art
Commerce
Circles & Squares
Dealer's choice (Your Best Shot during the shooting interval)
Specific shapes
Speed
Sports or Fast action photography
Children
Funny/bizarre shots
Collection
Celebrations
Bad photos
Creative use of shutter speeds and/or f stops
Drama
Family
Toys
Wide angle lens (35 or wider lenses incl those settings on a zoom)
Normal lens (40-55 or eqv zoom settings)
Mud
Your favorite lens (use your favorite lens)
Your least favorite lens (use your least favorite lens)
Telephoto lens (75+ or eqv zoom setting)

So, if you have any further suggestion for one or more themes, please send
them my way, either on-list or off-list....:)

Cheers!
Olaf