[OM] Re: E3 firmware update

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:37:14 -0800
> From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
>
> lots of happy campers I'm sure!

Not me. Installing Olympus Master 2 in order to update the camera
reminds me why I hate that software. What a piece of crap.

I installed it on three separate computers -- requiring a re-boot of
each, which is rare on Mac installs. It won't work on any of them. It
keeps saying it needs to be run from an admin account, which it was. I
even did "sudo open '/Applications/Olympus Master 2/Olympus Master
2.app'" from a shell window to run it as root -- it still insists it
needs to run in an admin account.

So I can't do the update. I guess I'll take it in to an Olympus dealer
some day, but I don't get near one very often.

Definitely not a happy camper.

:::: Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the
world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that,
but not with all those flies and death and stuff. -- Mariah Carey ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::