[OM] Re: FS: E-410, 14-42, KatzEye, ME-1, OM 24/2

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: E-410, 14-42, KatzEye, ME-1, OM 24/2
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 03:46:18 -0500
I never work completely wide open for portraits, you need a little depth of
field to keep the end of the nose in focus. My 85 and my 100 are both black
front lenses; the 85 says MC on it but I don't know if my 100 is multicoated
or single. I know for close up portraits my 100 is slightly sharper than my
85 or so it seems. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison at the different
apertures. I do like the 85 focal length better though, the 100 keeps me a
little further away than I usually like so I do actually use the 85 more. I
got the 100 first and used it until I got the 85 and now I usually use the
85. I suggested the 100 as a good alternative if price is an issue since it
can be bought much cheaper than the 85.

Moose,

Didn't the 50mm f1.8 also change number of elements/groups too at one point?
I wonder on the 85 what was the difference in performance between the old
and new formula. Mine, I assume, is the newer one since I have a black front
MC lens. I'd buy an old one to try but they sell for high prices too!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design