[OM] Re: EC-20 and DZ 40-150mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: EC-20 and DZ 40-150mm?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:47:41 -0400
I dunno about Olympus but Canon only guarantees that autofocus will work
down to f/5.6... and that only with cross-point focus points which are
typically only in the central area... but it depends on the camera.  I
seem to recall that the E-3 has lots of or maybe even all of its
autofocus points as cross-points.  Since the 40-150 with a 2X will be
operating at f/8 to f/11 it might be a bit iffy on autofocus but might
work if the light is very bright.

note: Cross type autofocus points are sensitive to both vertical and
horizontal lines.  Others are only one or the other.

Chuck Norcutt