[OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st traditional wedding shoot
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
Rob,

I understand completely!! I just didnt know the rules
and I completely understood the Priest's point of view
that this is not a circus but a religious ceremony. As
I would normally do photographing or not....I
completely respected the ceremony and out of respect
during prayers and such...I did not take photos. I sat
and stood as the Priest indicated and I prayed as the
Priest indicated during the ceremony.

I also mis-understood "Sanctuary", which to me meant
behind the alter. After the 1st warning, there was a
space between the alter and the place where the bride
and groom were kneeling. I thought that was safe but
apparently that is also off limits. Later on I was
taking photos on the 1st step leading up to the
"Sanctuary" and that also was off limits. After that
warning I stayed away!

However, there is still a gentle way of telling
someone...not threatening to kick the person out!!