[OM] Re: A couple of Velvia 50 birds

Subject: [OM] Re: A couple of Velvia 50 birds
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 17:48:01 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm comparing different lenses on the same 4/3 body,
> the best one will still
> be the best in FF (at least the center, that matter more in
> this comparison).

I suspect that the older Silvernosed lenses will actually do a bit better on
4/3 cameras than the newer MC ones.  The older lenses were generally sharper in
the center of the image.  During the later formulations the outer portions were
improved but in some cases, the center-sharpness was diminished.  A case in
point would be the 50/1.4 and the 100/2.8 lenses.

AG-Schnozz