[OM] Re: ViewScan scanning software and E cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: ViewScan scanning software and E cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:06:24 -0700
Jim Nichols wrote:
> John,
>
> I don't understand the need to use ViewScan with digital camera output.  I
> use it to work with my film scanner, and it works well.  However, with the
> Oly E-510, I simply import the camera images, both jpeg and RAW, into
> Elements 6.0, and go from there.

I too use VueScan for my film scanners, and the same ACR you use with
Elements 6.0, but with PS, for most of my RAW files.

If one doesn't have another RAW converter, owns VueScan, and doesn't
want to pay for another converter, why not use VueScan? Its RAW
conversion is from dcraw, which is a very good RAW converter.

Moose