Re: [OM] underwater photography

Subject: Re: [OM] underwater photography
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:29:47 -0500
I've always dived with a dive master that knows the area and usually
there are no strong currents. But it is amazing to me how easy it is
to loose track of where one is underwater. Current is very deceiving.
Sort of like riding a bike with the wind at your back, then turning around
to find out how much work it is to get back.

Diving in ideal conditions is a lot different than in challenging conditions.
I'm a reasonable swimmer and have gone out quite a ways snorkeling
in strong waves, but I'm always paying attention to my limits.

Whenever I do such a thing, I always drag along a bottle of water.
Nothing like getting a mouth full of salt water or getting dehydrated
while swimming. That fresh water can taste really sweet.
It is amazing how even a small current change the situation.

Wayne S