Re: [OM] Coffee or Tea - Bad Vibrations

Subject: Re: [OM] Coffee or Tea - Bad Vibrations
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:14:20 +1300
Hi all;

All this talk about different coffee beans is totally lost on me.  It is
literally
decades since I tasted a brew of real coffee that I liked, and have given up
on it. I have no idea if any such variety exists locally.  Sometimes when I'm
out I will have a flat white; they all taste the same to me, no matter where I
buy them.

At home mostly (read "always") I drink instant coffee, Nescafe or Greggs,
freeze dried. At least it's quick.

The taste suits me and I don't make it strong anyway; I'll drink 8 - 10 cups a
day, at a guess.   If I get 'coffeed out", during the summer I may drink Indian
Tonic water - Soda water with quinine and lemon.

Douwe Egberts instant coffee from The Netherlands used to be sold here,
but not it comes through a local marketer and the taste is crap. It used to be
marvellous, when it was here first.

I really am not fond of tea and rarely drink it. In the morning it tends to
make
me feel like vomiting.

However, no doubt many people drink a lot of it; possibly the greatest
amount in a day would be drunk by old-fashioned autumn sheep musterers
on the high country (alpine) sheep runs where they would start their day with
3 or more pints of black tea; drink nothing at all during a hard day climbing
up and down mountains, the back at camp at night re-hydrate with a lot
more.

Brian Swale, New Zealand.