Re: [OM] More on using the T32 in manual mode

Subject: Re: [OM] More on using the T32 in manual mode
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:52:23 -0800
> From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> One type of lighting I've attempted but never got the hang of is
> second
> light where you use one flash on-camera and the other like 10 feet
> to one
> side.  Some photographers have it working for them, but I get
> horrid, harsh
> shadows.

Play with the ratios? I'd guess you'd want the side light to be at
least 1-2 stops over the camera light.

Also, "10 feet to one side" isn't very germane. What matters is the
angle between the two lights, as viewed by the subject. "10 feet to
one side" would produce completely different results on a tight crop
of a wedding cake than it would a telephoto of the wedding party from
across the room -- in the first case, it would be pure side-light, in
the other, it wouldn't be much different from the camera light.

:::: We stand, in most places on earth, only six inches from
desolation, for that is the thickness of the topsoil layer upon which
the entire life of the planet depends. -- R. Neil Sampson ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::