Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko macro 50/3.5 and E1

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko macro 50/3.5 and E1
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:19:02 -0600
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I was goofing around with the 24/2.8 last night on the E-1, trying to
>> see if I can figure out a way to get the exposure system to work in
>> any predictable way with an OM adapter, Zuiko, and KatzEye screen.
>> Not working so far, but I will have to shoot and look at the exposures
>> in Lightroom.  I'm afraid I've been seriously corrupted by the larger
>> LCDs...
>
> The KatzEye is probably your biggest problem.  I couldn't get it to work for
> me without wild swings in exposure.  Ended up just shooting in
> manual-exposure mode.  It was also weird because the split-image goes
> backwards to the ones in my 2-13 screens.  In otherwords, against the
> movement of the focus ring.

I was thinking you might enjoy seeing what the KatzEye does.  I was
disappointed that it didn't work very well with legacy lenses and then
realized that that body was probably pretty useless when I lent it to
you because of the screen.  Sorry about that.

Heh, I knew there was something different about the split-image, but I
didn't register it as a direction change.  That probably means it was
developed for a Canikon and adapted later to Olympus.

I hadn't seen your shots of the gulls.  Wonderful work!

Joel W.