Re: [OM] Dpreview Challenges beta: First winners

Subject: Re: [OM] Dpreview Challenges beta: First winners
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:32:13 -0600

> In any case there's no serious low light, high ISO photography that I saw.

Which is exactly my point.  (Don't you love my passive-aggressive ways?)
 The insane desire for cameras with unbelievable performance or supposed
imaging characteristics are actually for fringe applications, not for the
norm.  One would think that high-ISO and larger-sensor cameras would have a
noticable advantage in this particular challenge.  Empirical evidence proves
otherwise.

Of course, we all know the real truth.  Lesser cameras force the
photographer to actually apply real skills to the photographic process
instead of just leaning on the technology or DoF trickery to save the day.
This isn't to say that those with better cameras are lesser photographers,
I'm just implying that a photographer with a lesser camera has to work
harder and in the process of working harder is also making the photograph
better.

AG