Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the wrath of SWMBO
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:42:12 -0600

> One million exposure on a most used 120 camera? Really? It is equal to 273
> shots a day for 10 years without holiday. If all his other gears together
> got the same film count that means he took over 500 shots everyday in
> average.

The guy does a booming portrait business and at least two to three weddings
every week.  He has several people working for him that handle all the
back-office and post-production stuff.  Quite plausible.  He alone easily
has 3/4 of the photography business for a population base of 25,000 people.

He does also have several 1D/1Ds level cameras which he uses for event work
when he needs higher ISOs, but weddings and portraits are almost exclusively
Contax with the digital backs.
My only grouse with his work is that his style is pretty staid and hasn't
really kept up with the times.  But maybe it's just what this area is
looking for.  After all, he has 3/4 of the business, not me.

AG