Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:47:29 +0100
I remember the lens, but don't remember the chip, Brian.

In my experience, the bigger the chip and the shorter the focal length, the
greater the problem - I had an 18-28 zoom with a 1/8 inch (3mm) chip which
was clearly visible in images at the 18mm setting.  And once you knew where
to look, it could be found in images at the 28mm setting.

But we are not talking about cleaning marks, which I do agree are not likely
to be of practical impact if they don't form an overall "mist".

Piers