Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:33:42 -0400
On Jun 16, 2009, at 8:08 AM, Willie Wonka wrote:

> I have at home a picture of this:
>
> http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/alienspecimen/Maine%20Vacation/?action=view&current=PICT2095.jpg
> which has all the flaws photoshoped out and no one likes it, but I
> love it.  I like bad weather, lack of tonality,etc.

That strikes me as taken on Monhegan Island.

> Here is one that was taken everyone likes, but I hate:
>
> http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/alienspecimen/Maine%202007/?action=view&current=PICT2273.jpg

Bass Harbor Light. A lovely spot. Hard to take a picture of it that
hasn't been taken before. But then every day in Maine is different,
so . . .

> I also like black and white and was told by many photogs that thoz
> don't sell.  10% is the best number reported to me so far.  10% that
> is as in 90/10% ratio where 90% would be the color pictures sold, to
> 10%BW...

I think you're correct. I have a lot of black and white out now, but
only a few prints have sold. That said, I'm going to continue to put
them out because I like them. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com