Re: [OM] Sleep to Shot timing (was "Olympus E-P1 review on DPR")

Subject: Re: [OM] Sleep to Shot timing (was "Olympus E-P1 review on DPR")
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:20:51 -0500
Most digital shooters work from the histogram and are not trying to
make the image data fit correctly within a 5 stop range to the same
degree as one must in shooting transparencies.  Interestingly, the
later E's have a highlight spot setting which I've found to be very
effective.  If you have any significant clouds for which you need
detail, this feature works very well.  But that's different from
multispot.

I wish I had multispot on the E-3.  I guess Olympus threw itself into
better exposure control via ESP, which is certainly very good.  Also,
a single spot on the OM-2S is pretty effective, and there is the
equivalent of that in the E system.  It's hard to make the case that
exposure control in the E system is defective without multispot, but
I'd still like it.

Joel W.