Re: [OM] Step-up ring Zuiko 18mm lens OM System

Subject: Re: [OM] Step-up ring Zuiko 18mm lens OM System
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:28:14 +1000
Olaf,

Do you have access to a lathe and somebody who knows how to use it ?

Really quite a simple operation.  Buy yourself a 49->72mm step up ring, it
probably won't screw onto your 18mm because it needs to screw down into a
groove and the inside diameter of the stepping ring is too small.  Use the
lathe to bore out the inside diameter until it fits into the 18mm's groove.
The stepping ring won't be as strong as when it started but probably no
worse than the Oly part.  Depending on the depth of the stepping ring you
may need to extend the 72mm part so that mounted filters don't touch the
front element.  You can do this by getting a cheap 72mm filter and removing
the glass and mounting this on the step up ring.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge
http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/