[OM] I hope it's the beginning of a trend

Subject: [OM] I hope it's the beginning of a trend
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:50:28 -0400
Yep,
T32 with diffuser is way better than the included flash.  Marnie used
it in Pgh when I couldn't go on a stroboframe
with the Viv 283/pocket bouncer---needed to show her how to use the
yabe radioslave gizmo to avoid cam fry with 250V TV. (don't have a safe
synch)
Worked OK. Wierd looking rig, however.

My CHDK ramblings was a meager attempt to apply some bag balm on a
severe case of digital upgraditis.
I expect the IQ esp at higher ISO to be significantly superior.  The G9
with native raw seems quite peppy.  I'll be interested in you take on
comparative images with both systems---expect them to be available
soon--would add the MFT offerings with that.

I'd prefer MFT dSLR if the form factor can be kept in same ballpark.
Mike

Have you ever used the one on the G9? I've never missed one on the
A650,
didn't actively recall until this thread that it was without one. Of
course, I almost never use flash and am more than happy with the
articulated LCD, so what would I use it for?

I also have all that stuff. The big upgrade issues for me would be
better IQ and faster operation.

Canon have generally led the pack with getting decent IQ out of small
sensors with lots of pixels. The prospect of what that knowledge might
do in terms of per pixel quality and dynamic range on a 10 MP sensor
excites me. There are small artifacts in A650/G9 images, bad in JPEGs
and still troublesome in A650 RAW, that limit what can be done with
them.  I think this new sensor system might do a lot to close the
practical gap with 4/3.

The big drawback of CHDK on the A650 is RAW process/write speed, which
really slows the camera down. New processor and built-in RAW could be a
boon.

Moose