Re: [OM] Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:22:44 -0700 (PDT)
Actually, the diesel engine has changed a lot since the 80's.

It starts just as well in cold temperatures as itsgasoline counterparts, dozent
stink anymore, it is more reliable and economical...

I think what AG is hinting is that the Jeeps offered her equipped with diesel
(Dizel) engines are coupled with crummy transmissions.  One thing that he
furgot to mention tho, is the fact that the real Jeeps really don't have this
problem...:)

The Liberty (aka Cherokee for the rest of the world), Patriot, Compass arent
really Jeeps.  They fall into the category of the Touareg, Land Rover etc.
Cars that you haul your groceries with, take your girls to a soccer practice
with, but cant really take out in the wilderness.

Boris

P.S. Yeah, I know...Real Jeeps are built not bought...:)

Re: [OM] Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10

from Charles Geilfuss
[Permanent Link]

Re: [OM] Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10

From:
Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>

Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:01:50 -0400

AG,
  Not sure why you would want a Jeep diesel. As you point out they are
notoriously unreliable and don't get much better mileage than the gas
powered v6. Is that little bit of extra torque rally worth the hassle?

Charlie