Re: [OM] Question for E-1 Users

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for E-1 Users
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:27:20 -0500
Joel,

Thanks very much for your insight.  I normally focus MF lenses wide open,
then stop down without taking the camera away from my eye.  I understand
that the E-1 finder is larger and brighter than the 510, but was curious
about the transparency of the screen.  The 510 finder is virtually
transparent, so there is little similarity to the screens that I used with
Exacta and other SLR cameras.  This makes it difficult to get an exact
focus, and does nothing to provide a hint of the DOF available in the final
image.  Does the E-1 finder provide any improvement in this area?

In your reply, as well as in a post from Ken, both of you make reference to
the lower pixel count of the E-1 and its impact on the images.  Most of my
images go to the web or to family members, and large prints don't enter my
consideration.  I suspect that 5MP would suffice for any work that I would
attempt.

Again, I guess my basic question is this:  Is size the main advantage of the
E-1 finder over the E-510, or are there other quality differences?

TIA

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA