Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(

Subject: Re: [OM] No E-System pro camera until 2010 ;(
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:36:21 -0500
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Carlos J. Santisteban
<zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
>>I never found any metering tool as foolproof as the live histogram in
>>the C-8080.  There is no need to shoot RAW in such a case if exposure
>>is the primary reason for doing so.
>
> I have to disagree here... I don't see the point of histograms -- it's just
> an
> statistical measure! I don't mind if there's _some_ clipping on the image, I
> need
> to know _where_ the clipping is. IMHO, the killer feature of EVF should be
> the
> 'blinking highlights'.

I think you missed the point.  Blinking highlights overlaid on an EVF
as an exposure aid would simply be a refinement of the technique of
using the histogram in the way I mention for exposure control.  Sure,
I would use blinking highlights in a heartbeat over a mere live
histogram.  But on the C-8080 I have a live histogram and no live
blinking highlights, so I muddle along in this as in most things!

But IMO the live histogram with the exposure lock is still the most
dead-on method of exposure control I know of and one reason why I like
the practical benefits of an EVF very much.

Joel W.