Re: [OM] OT: Printers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Printers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:52:26 -0700
Mike Lazzari wrote:
> I can't imagine having to use an inkjet for everyday printing. A lot of
> thrashing around and expense. Get monochrome laser and save the inkjet for
> the photos and labels.

Yup.

Saw somewhere recently an inkjet being touted as fast enough for shared
network use. Maybe things will have changed by the time the LaserJet
dies. Ink costs would have to go down, though, to make it competitive.

Jogged my memory about the old mainframe IBM line printers that shot the
paper out so fast it flew up in the air a few feet before settling down
in a rapidly growing stack of fanfold.

Moose