Re: [OM] (OT) A Few From Acadia National Park

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) A Few From Acadia National Park
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:24:50 -0400
Thanx. That's one of my favorites as well. I know Chuck asked for a
pano on that one, and I can see his point, but while a pano would have
a good anchor on the left with more rocks and trees climbing much
higher, there's nothing on the right until you get around 180 degrees,
and then you have the Bass Harbor Light. Now, that would be a good
anchor, and a hell of a pano shot, but it's beyond my abilities to
figure out how to get it because somewhere in the 180 degrees will be
the sun. In this particular case, it was about 20 degrees off the
lighthouse, very low on the horizon, and would have blown out the last
couple of frames. I scrambled over a large pile of jumbled boulders to
get a view of the lighthouse, but none of the pictures turned out. Sun
too close. Expose for the sun, lose the lighthouse. Expose for the
lighthouse, lose the sun. Yeah, I know, HDR, but I'm not there yet,
either. Besides, I could feel the worry vibes from Esteemed Wife, who
later said she was wondering how she was going to handle it when I
toppled over the edge of the rocks into the water below.

Thanx for looking!

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com