Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:52:48 +0100
Another option and the one I used is to import your XP into a virtual
machine - move all the files (data) that are easy to move so that it is
as small as possible then use the import utility of the vm supplier (I
use parallels for the mac, but vmware surely does the same). If you
don't want to pay for a vm then virtual box is free, maybe you have to
use one of the others on a trial basis and then import into virtualbox.
These packages are much easier to use than you would think.

The advantages of a virtual machine is that you can shut it down and
then copy the file and he presto its backed up. Keep your data outside
the VM and you will be able to access it from windows 7 or vista.

IanW

ly does the