Re: [OM] Separated Zuiko 250/2, was: Inside the Zuiko 300mm F4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Separated Zuiko 250/2, was: Inside the Zuiko 300mm F4.5
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:19:02 +0200
Hmm - that's quite a plausible theory from an optics point of view,
would explain
why it could be sharp in the centre (where it never matters which way
around the elements
are mounted, except for coating differences and as long as the order
is maintained) and
go all screwy in the corners.

Usually element separation is plainly visible.

On the other hand, I wonder who would have the guts to take a 250/2.0
apart without him
knowing *exactly* what he was doing. Even our on-list genius John
seems scared to take
on this problem :-)