Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup - UPDATE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup - UPDATE
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 08:51:43 -0600
On 1/6/10 07:21 : , John Hermanson wrote:
> I am amazed Baker is still breathing. I hope Joe Walsh can hang on.
> Stevie Nicks said they used to do so much blow together that she knew it
> would eventually kill both of them.
>
> I came to the conclusion that Walsh had become my favorite rock
> guitarist.  Though not producing like he used to, and not touring on his
> own due to "Eagle-ization", his past catalog (going back 40 years) and
> live performances really make my day.

 From what I know of Joe, he's dedicated to staying clean.  He's also a
very active ham radio operator.  You wouldn't think it when you listen
to him talk, but he collects and works on vintage radio gear as a hobby.
I agree with you - Walsh is one of my favorite guitarists as well.

I saw Nicks on tv this past year, and she talked about her coke habit.
It almost destroyed her sinuses and her nose and was 95% of the way
towards killing her.  She finally went into rehab and has also stayed
clean since.  She put on a little weight due to the medication she was
on, but she's still beautiful.  And she has her voice back. Always makes
me happy to see people like that, people who have given me so much
enjoyment over the years, realize what they're losing and straighten
themselves out.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard