Re: [OM] IMG: Another Seasonal Sight

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another Seasonal Sight
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:01:05 -0400
I can't explain why but I think this one needs a softer light.  Perhaps
it's the heavy veining in the bracts which cast a lot of shadow.  It
causes the bracts to look rough when, in fact, they are quite smooth to
the touch.

I have just driven up from Florida trough Georgia, South and North
Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania and the red
buds are in their glory everywhere throughout the Carolinas and
Virginia.  There's also one in my front yard but it's a New York front
yard and it hasn't done much of anything yet except to indicate there
are lots of flowers yet to come.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt