Re: [OM] My E-520 is dead

Subject: Re: [OM] My E-520 is dead
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:58:09 +1000 (EST)
Hi Michael,

Try taking the battery out and leave the body aside
for a week, put battery back in and see what happens.
Very long shot as I suspect your IS is really dead but
it wont hurt to try.

> The IS of my E-520 is dead.

Welcome to Ians dead camera service, we take your camera,
and your money :o)

Oops, sorry, I ment , I buy dead E cameras for low prices, not
sure why I persist sometimes as my fix to bin ratio is turning out
a lot lower for E's than OM's but at least I'm ending up with a lot
of useless parts as most of then seem to have the same faults.

I suspect static and/or high freq RF radiation.

I would recommend you put it on the bay as broken goods, you
would be amazed at what some people will actually pay even
when you state in big letters the goods are faulty.

Then send us the link so I can put a bid on it, chances are I'll
lose the bid but you will probably be happy with the exchange,
more than if you were to have it fixed.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Use a spreadsheet to do the math, but check it by hand just to be sure.