Re: [OM] Finally, some darkroom time (couple of OM B&W prints)

Subject: Re: [OM] Finally, some darkroom time (couple of OM B&W prints)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:11:05 +0200
Thank you John!

Regarding the 3Ti, I am a little bit frustrated. It's working 90%
well. Every now and then, a shot at a
slow shutter speed (specifically 1/2s) would fire at the wrong shutter
speed (e.g. 1/4s or even faster).

Good as my local repair guy is (I am impressed that he managed to get
it working this well, especially
the [more serious] internal mirror-clearing issue it had, not to
mention transplanting the plastic shutter
speed coupling ring from an OM-2S) it may very well still make its way
to you, this time by bloody overnight
courier, I don't care what it costs.

Anyway, for all speeds above 1/8s it's a simply fantastic camera, very
enjoyable to use. Together
with the non-split-prism Lumi Micron screen, it's a dream come true.
Really one of the "definitive"
viewfinder experiences, as I've said on this list before.

I'll probably kick myself when I do eventually just send it to you for
fine-tuning (10,000km!)
that I didn't just do so right away, but oh well - at least I have
already gotten a lot of joy
out of it, and some good images.

My dream rig for 35mm, really, especially with the fast wide angles.

All the best,
Dawid