[OM] (OT) Y*shica 35 gsn question

Subject: [OM] (OT) Y*shica 35 gsn question
From: AS <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:56:03 -0400
Someone gave me a nice looking Y*shica Electro 35 gsn.  I put a fresh battery
in and everything checks out. Shutter works great. Put a test roll of film in
and noticed that when cocking the shutter it takes some effort. It is not
smooth, there is hesitation, and it feels like the film is "skipping" over the
sprocket. The film does advance but I feel like the film might tear bThis only
happens when the film door is closed. When the door is open the film advances
very smoothly, of course! There is nothing pressing against it.

Otherwise a nice clean body w no other issues.

What would cause the hesitation and skipping?