Re: [OM] New Image (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Image (OT)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:41:09 -0500
For years back in the day my Nikon F lived with its 105 f/2.5 on it. Seldom
switched to anything else. Did that make me an introvert with extrovert
tendencies, the other way around, or just cracked? <g>

In my second life as a photographer, I'm finding my way back into that 105
range. I actually have the 105 f/2.8 Micro VR, and I _love_ it. A also tend to
work a bit more at the 70mm end of the 24-70. Wide angle is starting to
diminish in interest, except occasionally when I'm looking at sweeping vistas
of water and sky. That said, I feel a real longing in my heart for that new
Nikon 35mm f/1.2. The other lens I used back in the day was a 35mm, and I
didn't think it was wide enough, but looking through some of my 24-70 shots, I
find a bunch in the 35mm range, though not as many as in the upper 60s and 70.

(In this economy, I will not be pulling the trigger on that new Nikon 35.)

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com