Re: [OM] Aw, hell, mama, you can have it!

Subject: Re: [OM] Aw, hell, mama, you can have it!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 02:02:00 -0800
On 12/27/2010 10:36 AM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Moose writes:
>> After all, it's just a version of ICC color profiling, adjusting a file to
>> match the Kodachrome profile, rather than an ideal file. Of course anyone
>> who wanted to do so should be done by now, as it's too late to shoot the
>> targets.
> There are plug-ins of course.  DXO has a film-pack with Kodachrome and Alien
> Skin has one.  No idea how well they work.

And they aren't the only ones. I do suspect that at least some are seat of the
pants color adjustments. A proper job
requires adjustments along the curve for each color. DOX seems a likely suspect
to have done it right.

Couldn't prove, or disprove, any of them by me. My point wasn't to suggest any
specific solution.

Moose