Re: [OM] Travel kit--suggestions, advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit--suggestions, advice
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 21:25:41 +0100
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
-----
I recently bought a Samsung WB650 afer Moose sung its praises here not
long ago.  The WB650 has an amazingly long zoom going from 24-360mm
equivalent.
-----

I bought one for my wife after consulting her. She missed her Nikon Coolpix
3100 since it met some Mediterranean water back in 2007. She was not fond of
the Olympus Stylus Digitals I collected (I have all 6 colors, and even a color
that should not exist). We ended up looking on the Internet for new compact
megazooms and concluded that the WB650 was one of the best for a great price.
It surely does not disappoint and within one week after having one I ordered
another one for our daughter. She is also very fond of it. We ended up paying
€150,- for the first one and only €125,- for the second one.

OTOH, for my (to be) daughter in law's 18th birthday I bought a barely used
E-400 double lens kit, also for only €150, which I think is a real steal. She
is more serious about photography and does not mind the extra "trouble" of
using a DSLR, since she wants to invest that in getting better results and
possibilities.

Wiliam