Re: [OM] Manufacturer's SW for raw conversion ("Re: (OM) Olympus Studio"

Subject: Re: [OM] Manufacturer's SW for raw conversion ("Re: (OM) Olympus Studio")
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:09:28 -0800
On 1/29/2012 12:41 PM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> The previous owner of my 5D did not include SW in the sale and did not
> have it when I asked.  I am unable to get DPP from the Canaan website
> that will do an initial install.  It can only update a previous install.
>   I was able to get an install of ZoomBrowser.  Do you think the raw
> converter is the same?  ZB does convert CR2s.  I couldn't see any IQ
> differences to prefer it over ACR.

It used to be that there was a difference between DPP and ZB according to
reviews. I've never used ZB for that and DPP
only very, very seldom used DPP to confirm that various upgrades to it and ACR
haven't changed my preference for ACR.

I usually prefer both color and brightness via ACR. DPP has much less effective
highlight recovery than ACR

I can easily copy everything from an install disk up on the web, If you want to
try DPP.

Converted Moose