Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 07:16:31 -0500
If you look at the rim of the pot in the Nikkor shot you'll see that the
light has changed (maybe just the angle) and it's brighter back there.
Side effect of testing over time with changing natural light.

I think all three are lovely.  I'd keep the 90 for working distance and
large aperture for focusing... when I didn't have to hike more than 500
yards from the car.  I'd keep one of the 50/55s for a lighter weight
alternative when you do have to hike more than 500 yards from the car.
I'd choose the Zuiko 50/3.5 if I could focus it easily based only on
(assumed) lighter weight.  I'd choose the Nikkor otherwise if its f/2.8
aperture made a difference in focusing ease.

Chuck Norcutt