Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:51:07 -0800

On 2/2/2012 5:34 AM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
> Thanks for the comments, Moose! I would have loved, *loved*, to have
> the entire Moth in perfect focus.
>
> It was angled around 30 degrees away from me, obliquely (not purely
> horisontal or vertical). I had to do the best I could with a moving (!!)
> subject to set up the camera movements accordingly, as it swished into
> and out of focus every couple of seconds.
>
> Considering this is taken with the equivalent of a 40mm f/1.4 Macro
> lens wide open, when even at f/16 you couldn't get this moth nearly as
> in-focus with a
> (non-tilt-shift)
> Macro lens for the 35mm system, I am very proud of this shot, and
> don't beat myself up over the small imperfection... :-)

Nor should you, it's a nice result from a great piece of preparation and
execution.

Still, as soon as it is freed from its genesis, it become a another image in an
infinity of them, and the judgements are
tougher.

"Nobody cares how hard you worked."

You might enjoy this essay on that subject by a well known printer and
photographer about the toughest print he ever
made.
<http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2011/05/no-one-cares-how-hard-you-worked.html>

> You are indeed a unique "viewer", Moose, but nobody here would expect
> it any other way!
>
> submitting-to-the-ultimate-critic-Dawid

I don't strive for the ultimate, only creatively, maybe sometimes
constructively, annoying. :-)

A. Picky Moose