Re: [OM] OT: Weather Warning(s)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Warning(s)
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:25:33 -0700

> >    The severe weather we've been experiencing is still taking place.
> > Presently there are tornado warnings and/or watches stretching from
Kansas
> > to Ohio, and a strong cell with significant rotation is presently headed
> > towards Chatanooga after spawning at least two tornadoes in northern
> > Alabama.  NWS Radar shows eastern Kentucky mostly under severe weather
at
> > this moment.
>

>   I just received an e-mail from my sister who is in north Alabama. They
> had a first wave last night that did some damage (not to her luckily) and
> second wave is on the way, so they are hunkered down in the basement.

    There have been tornado, severe thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings
all over eastern Kentucky and Tennessee as well as western Virginia all
morning.  The area of concern now stretches from New Orleans to Nebraska to
Alabama to Ohio, which is much larger than what I saw about two hours ago.

    That cell that was approaching Chatanooga is now to the northeast, and
it has been getting stronger.  On one radar I briefly saw a the colour pink,
which is one step above red in intensity.

    A prison in northern Alabama had the roof ripped off.

Chris