Re: [OM] Image: Farm near Harmony, MN

Subject: Re: [OM] Image: Farm near Harmony, MN
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:12:32 -0700
On 8/8/2012 11:48 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Gasp!  Trying some landscape with BW:
>
> http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox
>
> Shot on UltraFine Plus, developed in HC-110/dilution H for 14 minutes,
> scanned in Vuescan, Photoshopped in Photoshop!

I like the composition. I wouldn't crop it, as others have suggested, if only
because I like the clouds on the left.

Well, no, it's also something about the sweep of country that would be lost.
Still a nice image, but different, more
closed in.

I'd probably lift the shadows and lower mid tones a little, below the sky.

A couple of things slightly bugged the ol' Eagle Eye, probably only to do with
the web image.

The grain in the sky has done something slightly odd with the clouds. I'm not
sure I dislike the effect, but it does
look unnatural to me.

There's something funny going on, edges/texture/?? in the area below the barn,
right up to the dark brush - that
probably only I can see. :-)

Cloudy Moose