Re: [OM] Strange message from an ebay seller

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange message from an ebay seller
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 14:31:16 -0700
The same thing is available through Amazon for about $4 more.
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CANGBIK/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all>

Still a china seller, but with Amazon's "A to Z" guarantee.

On 5/4/2013 12:09 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> metal micro 4/3 extension tubes for the E-M5
> <http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Automatic-Focus-Macro-Extension-Tube-DG-Set-for-M43-Micro-4-3-mount-Camera-/261199399018?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123>
> I received the following message this morning
> Dear friend,
>
> i am sorry to trouble you
>
> when we ready to ship your package out, we found this item was out of
> shape, so we have hold your package,

Possible translations:

We had only one of these in stock. It was obviously damaged/defective in some
way, so we can't sell it.

We said µ4/3, but all we have is other mount(s). Oops, I was sure we had one.

We carry little or no stock, and usually fill orders by going down to the same
local wholesaler a whole lot of on-line
sellers use. And, damn! They were out of stock.

> because we are honest seller, we don't want our customers receive the wrong
> items,

We really need the sales, but can't afford negative feedback.

> we have returned this batch of items to our factory, they will produce
> the good quality ones immdiately.

The wholesaler claims there's a shipment due soon.

> i am sorry that we haven't informed you in time. Would you like us to refund
> your money or waiting till the right ones have stock?

Boy, I hope you can wait! Baby needs new shoes.

China Boy Moose