Re: [OM] So the geek in me...

Subject: Re: [OM] So the geek in me...
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 08:48:16 +0200
I was never a range finder fan, my stepfather had an elektro 35 which I
borrowed now and again but with film I shot with OM's.

I tried various DLSR digital cameras but ALL are so clumsy to use then
along came the Fuji X-Pro1 with an excellent image quality and
uncomplicated control and for the first time it didn't interfere in my
photo taking process, yes I have tried the E-M5 but its not the daily
user of choice for me.

Now that aside as a general camera the fuji is great BUT I find it no
good for macro (although I must be doing something wrong because the
60mm macro got great reviews) or using my legacy OM lenses (the EVF is
not as good as the E-M5). The 5D2 does both jobs even better So I still
have my 5D2 hanging around, it rarely gets used but it fills the gap and
I only borrow the E-M5 from my wife if we are skiing or somewhere else I
need a light weather sealed camera.

For me perfection would be an X-Pro1 SLR with an optical viewfinder as
good or better than the 5D2 Oh and the rest of the problems Andrew
raised in his review of the fuji fixed, mainly a lock on the
compensation dial.

But as I have posted before I can understand why the fuji is not for
everyone.

IanW - who is also right handed but wishes he was ambidextrous ;-)