Re: [OM] Computer Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Question
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 09:05:39 -0500
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have 41,392 scans of Honduras alone.  I have 67 countries in my files.
>  So far, I have scanned 64,556, about 1/10 of my total slides and
> negatives.  Counting my digital files, my LR catalog has 304,285 photos.
>  That's why I need 18 3TB hard drives.  I have another 3TB one coming today
> ;-)

Those numbers just made my head explode....

Lemme see.  You currently have 54TB of files, with another 3TB drive on the
way... and that's only TEN PERCENT of your total catalog????? When you're
done, you'll be well on the way to a Petabyte????

Usually, this means setting up a data center with racks of NAS and a
cooling system, and your own power feed from the utility company.

Living on a farm suddenly makes sense.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard