[OM] (OM) OT Browsers

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Browsers
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:01:30 +1200
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Safari for windows ( already
a year old)

What a swizz. Very slow to start, always starts with trying a call to Apple,
then when set the task of going somewhere ( such as facebook) stalls for
ever and loses the connection before finishing loading even the first page.

I'll uninstall it and try the previous version. Fortunately I hit on a site
which
has many previous versions.

One trap for the unwary; the first 4 sites on a Google search for a safari
download pretended to link me to a Safari download, but instead set me up
to download some Movie-saving program or other.  Very tenacious it was.
When I stopped the download by disconnecting, it refused to go away using
the usual techniques. It even prevented computer shut-down using the
normal method. It didn't stop my hand reaching the wall-switch however.  A
vital last resort ...

Brian Swale