Re: [OM] IMGS: Magnolia, Rose of Sharon

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Magnolia, Rose of Sharon
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 23:48:54 +1200
Tina wrote:
> PESO:
> A small break in the rain this morning so I grabbed a couple of shots with
> the MM:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/151125889
> C&C greatly appreciated.
>
> Tina
> Should finish wallpapering today!

Hooray for that !!

I'm not a great fan of B&W for botany / floral shots so maybe I shouldn't be
commenting.

However, to my eyes, with the Rose of Sharon, it seems to me that the
flower is out of focus whereas the leaves behind it ARE in focus. I'd have it
the other way around.
With the magnolia, I think I'd have removed the detritus from the petals and
leaves first.
Magnolias have a delicacy of coloration and texture ( or absence of texture)
in the flowers which is worth exploring with a camera.

Thanks for sharing.

Brian Swale