Re: [OM] Speaking of motorcycles

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of motorcycles
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 09:01:56 -0500
+1

I hadn't ridden for many years when I took it up again. Took the MSF course
even though I thought I really didn't need it. Turns out I did need it.
Unlearned a lot I'd learned wrong.

I also highly recommend two books, Proficient Motorcycling and (wait for it!)
More Proficient Motorcycling by David L. Hough. I read both of them while I was
waiting to take the MSF course, and then read them again a few months after I
got my license. Worth 100 times the price. Hell, reading these books will make
you a better car driver. Seriously.

As an aside, my wife told me that before I started reading those books and
riding two wheels again, she was worrying about my driving. She said I seemed
to be fogbound a lot, and not really paying attention. After the reading, and
getting the motorcycle license, my driving is the best it's ever been, she
says. I think I know what she's talking about, though I'm too modest to blow my
own horn. <wink>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal